Skip to content ↓

SEND pastoral care

The Collaboration of East Harptree and Ubley Primary School is a mainstream, inclusive Collaboration, and we welcome, value and respect the achievements of all children.

SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability) covers a range of different needs, including learning, speech and language, communication, social, emotional, mental health, motor skills, sensory, physical. Some children may have one specific difficulty or disability, a combination of more than one, or a range of needs. These difficulties can make it harder for them to learn than other children of the same age.

At East Harptree and Ubley we recognise that there are a number of pupils for whom specialist intervention and support may be required.

Each Class Teacher is responsible for all the needs within their class and seeks to provide high quality education for all children in their care. Children may be given support in different ways, depending on their needs. Our Teaching Assistants provide in-class support, as directed by the Class Teacher, which may include group interventions or 1:1 activities.

We have a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) who is responsible for overseeing the provision for children with SEN. This includes reviewing support strategies with staff, leading in-school training, and meeting with parents. When advice from outside agencies is needed, she will make referrals to and arrange visits from other education and/or health professionals. For children with more complex needs she oversees the requirements of Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs), arranges Annual Review meetings and makes applications for Top-Up Funding (TUF).

We actively encourage a strong relationship between home and school and involve parents and carers as much as we can.  You know your child better than anyone else, if you have any worries or concerns about your child the first person you should speak to should be their Class Teacher. 

Our SENCo, Cathy Brown, can be contacted by phone or email via either school office.

Please click on the link to read our latest SEND Information Report.

Local information, including details of the B&NES Local Offer and Parent Partnership Service, can also be found by clicking on the links below :-

Complaints about SEND provision will be considered in keeping with the schools' complaints policy . Alternatively, you can contact the Parent Partnership Service for support with any aspect of SEND provision.